is a postgraduate course organised by our member Escola Osteopatia de Barcelona.
Dates: 22nd - 24th January 2020
Language: English with Spanish translation
Price: 595€ (15% discount for all OsEAN members on all Advanced Osteopathy Barcelona postgraduate courses)
Teacher: Didde Thorsted, D.O.
Didde Thorsted is a physiotherapist, osteopath DO., M.R.O.DK and DPO. and Bachelor of Natural Medicine - Heilpraktiker.
She runs two osteopathic clinics in the heart of Copenhagen (Qklinic), specializing in the treatment of women and children.
She has worked in the field of pediatrics for more than 20 years. The last 9 years exclusively with children from 0 to 12 years, especially under one year of age.
She has participated in a large number of pediatric courses locally and abroad, together with craniosacral therapy at the Upledger Institute and visceral treatment at the Barral Institute, with special attention to pediatric treatment.
Founder of the Danish Society of Pediatric Osteopathy (DSPO), Didde is a recognized professor in Denmark and internationally on issues related to pediatric osteopathic treatment.
The content of the course is based on the pediatric population and on how their anatomy and physiology make them particularly vulnerable to problems related to babies with tongue tie and gastro-oesophageal reflux (GER) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
The course content includes:
- Embryology and anatomy of the tongue and the frenulum.
- Possible causes of ankiloglossia and prevalence.
- Effect of hookworm on language function, suction and long-term development of language-related structures.
- Different classification systems in ankiloglossia.
- Embryology and anatomy of the upper digestion system.
- Possible causes of GER (Gastroesophageal Reflux) / GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) and prevalence.
The format of the course will be mainly theoretical presentations, with a small amount of group work and presentation of relevant techniques.