The topic of the seventh “Open Forum for Osteopathic Education” conference which was held on 23rd & 24th September 2021 ONLINE was “Teaching the Working Principles of Osteopathy” (Historical, physiological, mechanical, philosophical, scientific ways of view). It featured presentations and workshops in this important area.
The workings principles of Osteopathy are a central part of our osteopathic education, but even now many schools are struggling to get a grip on the ‘how, why & what’ questions in explaining osteopathy. This is why, the 7th OsEAN Open Forum focused on that topic.
The programme featured:
- 2 keynote speeches held by:
- Prof. Paul Vaucher from HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland and
- Assoc. Prof. Gary Fryer from Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia
- 12 platform presentations held by presenters from Belgium, France, Italy, Netherlands, Russia and UK
- 6 workshops in 2 sessions and
- 5 posters.
It was an exciting online event! We were happy to see so many of you live. The next Open Forum will be in 2022 in Antwerp Belgium where we will be very happy to welcome all of you in person again.