Our second annual All Members Meeting for 2019, was held in Catania this October. Saying that the weather was nice, the food delicious and the time we spent exchanging good, would be a big understatement. The meeting was hosted by our member CSdOI (Centro Studi di Osteopatia Italiano) and joined by 31 participants from 21 member schools and 3 candidates for membership schools.
The topic of the meeting was Partnership. The partnership with different organisations such as Osteopathic International Alliance (OIA), Societa' Italiana Di Pedagogia Medica (SIPeM) & An International Association for Medical Education (AMEE). Raimund Engel (External Affairs Committee), who represented OsEAN during the annual OIA meeting, gave a short report on the meeting and the news from OIA. Carmine Castagna (Board Member & External Affairs Committee) and Giacomo Consorti (Core Competencies Committee) made an AMEE experience report – overview and Inspiration from the most important MedED association existing. A suggestion for a collaboration with AMEE SIPeM, AACOM (Proposal for joint venture, agreement or partnership) was made.
We had a wonderful meeting in Lyon in a great number of 30 participants from 21 schools. We started with news from OsEAN:
- Student Exchange Programmes is running very well with 74 students who went on exchange to a different country. The feedback was fantastic and the students who went were so enthusiastic that they started a spark in their colleagues as well.
- Teacher Training Programme – is running for the moment but some changes will be done in order to offer even better organisation of the different modules.
- Until now all of our members are certified by the Austrian Standards Institute. Certified on the CEN-Standard and the OsEAN Standard (based on ISO 29990). Schools who missed the chanes to do the audit within the given deadline a well as schools that decided it not to undergo it are no longer members of the organisation.
- OsEAN is working together with the EFFO to make it possible for alumni of audited schools to be accepted also from registers in other countries than the one where the degree was obtained. This project has still a long way to go but we are doing our best to move it forward.
- The Open Forum 2018 ‘Teaching Osteopathic Diagnostics’ was held in Lyon (France) on the 18th and 19th October 2018. This Open Forum was the largest so far with 100 participants from all ver Europe, Canada, Australia and even Malaysia.
One new schools was officially accepted as an associate member. Warm welcome to the family of high quality educational institutions CERDO (Italy).
We had a wonderful meeting in Verona in a great number of 38 participants from 24 schools. We started with news from OsEAN with our:
- Exchange Programmes (Students, Teachers and Examiners), which are up and running
- Teacher Training Programmes, which took place in several cities and new courses are scheduled for the next year
- Audit news, so far 60% of our Members are certified by the Austrian Standards Institute. Certified on the CEN-Standard and the OsEAN Standard (based on ISO 29990). The other Audits are scheduled.
- The Open Forum 2018 ‘Teaching Osteopathic Diagnostics’ to be held in Lyon (France) on the 18th and 19th October 2018. This Open Forum will have lectures, workshops and an interactive part.
The weather in Torino at the beginning of May was a bit rainy and not that warm but this didn’t stop the 22 participants from 17 members schools to attend the first OsEAN annual All Members Meeting for 2019. The overall topic of the meeting was “Audit support”.
The topic of auditing was broadly discussed and the idea after the discussion was to leave the audit for non – OsEAN auditing bureaus (such as ASI & TÜV) as it is now but supply these organizing audit bureaus with the know-how how to do the audit and take an osteopathic (not necessary OsEAN member) co-auditor or as advisor.
One new schools was officially accepted as a full member. Warm welcome to the family of high quality educational institutions SOMA (Milano, Italy).
Here are some impressions from our Clinical Tutor Training II which was held last weekend (July 7th & 8th) at AbeOS Osteopathy School in Raiano, Italy.
Clinical Tutor Training 1 - July 2017
In July 2017 AbeOS in Raiano, Italy hosted Clinical Tutor Training 1, one of OsEAN’s Teacher Training courses. A dynamic group of 24 motivated teachers from different countries and schools joined for a 2 days course in true OsEAN spirit. The group input, location, weather, friendship, growth process, food, drinks and hosting were excellent. Did you missed this train the trainer opportunity? Here you will find all the information for the upcoming Teacher Training Programme 2017/2018.
"Thank you AbeOs for the good work and hope to see you all for level 2 next year!" - Jöry Pauwels
Here are a few impressions from the 2 days: