|WHEN||to be announced|
|LOCATION||training.osean.com (using Moodle)|
|COST||OsEAN Members € 290 / Module A1 + A2 € 550
Non-OsEAN Members € 390 / Module A1 + A2 € 730
|PRE-REQUISITES||Module A1 - Essential Skills in Osteopathic Education|
Learning Theories is an online module designed for 10 participants per course only. The course is 6 weeks long (60 learning hours) with 3 online meetings held every other week on Tuesday at 19:00 CET. At these meetings participants can discuss matters and ask questions.
Aims and Objectives
- To brief overview educational theories and their application in health education.
- To explore in greater depth behaviourist concepts of conditioning; and the cognitive and constructivist concepts including schema generation Vygotsky’s social constructivism.
- Different learning styles will be discussed with an emphasis on meta cognition.
- To give an introduction to aspects of the neurobiology of learning.
The candidate should be able to:
- The candidate should be able to:
- To discriminate between the key concepts underpinning a range of learning theories and to evaluate how these may be applied within osteopathic education.
- Reflect on different learning styles and apply them within their teaching practice.
- To discuss some basic principles of the neurobiology of learning.
- On line Moodle module
- Synchronous Group Discussions
- Asynchronous forum discussion
- eLearning through Moodle Website
- Pritchard, A. (2008). Ways of Learning - Learning theories and learning styles in the classroom (2nd Aufl.). London: David Fulton Publishers Ltd : [distributor] Taylor & Francis, c/o Bookpoint.
- Swanwick, T. (2013). Understanding Medical Education: Evidence,Theory and Practice (2. Auflage). Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons.
- Cantillon. (2010). ABC of Learning and Teaching in Medicine (2 edition). BMJ Books.
- Schunk, D. H. (2000). Learning theories: an educational perspective. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Merrill.
Unfortunately, due to other appointments Jon Parsons cannot lead the course. The OsEAN Team is working on finding another equally qualified lecturer. Please excuse the inconvenience.