The topic of the seventh “Open Forum for Osteopathic Education” conference which will be held on 24th & 25th September 2020 in Antwerp, Belgium is “Teaching the Working Principles of Osteopathy” (Historical, physiological, mechanical, philosophical, scientific ways of view). It will feature presentations and workshops in this important area.
The workings principles of Osteopathy are a central part of our osteopathic education, but even now many schools are struggling to get a grip on the ‘how, why & what’ questions in explaining osteopathy. This is why, the next OsEAN Open Forum will focus on that topic.
The programme will feature platform presentations, 6 short workshops and posters in one of the following areas:
- Teaching historical background in principles
- How & why does osteopathy work the way it does?
- Teaching the mechanical principles of osteopathy
- Educational strategies in the mechanical explanation
- Teaching the philosophical explanation of osteopathy.
- Teaching working strategies, such as:
- Teaching the physiological Explanation
- The didactical development of teaching the working principles
- Teaching Phenomenology in education
Also, for the first time in 2020 OsEAN will organise an Open Forum for Students which will take place in Antwerpen on 21st & 22nd Spetember, in the same week as the conference. More information will be available here soon.
We would appreciate if you could forward this information to colleagues or faculty members who might be interested in presenting or participating in the conference.
We are looking forward to receiving your submission and to meeting you all at this exciting event!
* Before being sent to the committee, all papers have been made anonymous. This way OsEAN makes sure that papers are being rated as objectively as possible purely on the content and its relevance to the topic of the Open Forum.