In the past osteopathy was often taught by apprenticeship like a craft: a master of his craft was regarded as a good teacher. Nowadays, in an academic environment that is much more complex, additional skills are required to teach and train students up to 21st century standards.
Recognizing this need for didactic and communicative competence of osteopathic lecturers, the OsEAN member schools have initiated a teachers‘ training programme with the following modules:
- Clinical Tutor Training 1 & Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Clinical Tutor Training 2
- Assessment in Higher Education
- Teaching Research
- Teaching Osteopathy in the Classroom
- Integrating e-learning into Osteopathic Training
For more background information see also Jonathan Parson’s presentation „The need to train the trainers“.