College for Osteopathy Sutherland
OSEAN is composed of like-minded osteopathic educational institutions with a common mission which may be summarised as follows:
- To foster collaboration and innovation among its member schools in various areas including administration, education, research and service.
- To provide a common European representation of schools in a time of emerging European standards
- To establish and develop common research streams
- To achieve academic recognition for osteopathy in all countries
- To develop a standardised model of osteopathic education throughout Europe
- To develop active scientific, academic and professional communication links – essential for the development of osteopathy, both as an independent, clearly identifiable profession, and in its relationship with other professions in the health care sector
- To establish high academic teaching standards by making sure that osteopathic lecturers are trained in education
Conceived by Renzo Molinari, DO, the former Principal of the European School of Osteopathy, OSEAN is now incorporated as a non-profit organisation in Vienna, Austria.
All OSEAN schools hold the tenet that Osteopathic Training should be degree validated programme at an MSc level as a precursor to the attainment of admission to practice-life. Therefore all schools strive for an academic partnership with a university to obtain that goal.
Currently the OSEAN members do have such partnerships with 13 different universities, some more are in the stage of preparation.
For more information, please contact us.