In October 2018 OsEAN is holding it's sixth “Open Forum for Osteopathic Education” conference with topic “Teaching Osteopathic Diagnostics”, featuring presentations and workshops in this important area.
The conference will be held from 18th - 19th October 2018 in Lyon, France.
Osteopathic diagnostics is a major part of osteopathic education, but even now many schools are struggling to get a grip on clinical reasoning, reliability, osteopathic approach, etc. and this is why the next OsEAN Open Forum will focus on that.
We would like to invite you to submit a paper, before 31st December 2017, for a platform or poster presentation or a short workshop in one of the following areas:
Teaching and assessing
- Clinical reasoning within the Osteopathic Education.
- What do we use as protocols for clinical examinations of patients?
- Communicating the challenge of miscalculations in diagnosis
- Educational strategies in osteopathic diagnostics.
- Teaching feedback and evaluation in our approaches in the osteopathic clinic.
- Teaching diagnostic strategies, such as:
- Pattern recognition
- Inter- and intra-reliability in research teaching.
- Problem Based learning in osteopathic education
- Standardizing the osteopathic practical examination
- Teaching Red & yellow flags
- Teaching Phenomenology in diagnostics
Please use the submission form on the OsEAN website to send us your abstract.